Make Ahead Green Beans
|Green beans||2 Pound, tipped and tailed|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a pot full of boiling water, put the beans and after a boil, cook 5 to 7 minutes until the beans are no longer raw but still crisp.
2) Drain them and run under cold water to refresh and set the color.
3) Keep aside.
4) To this point, the beans may be made a day ahead and refrigerated, or frozen for defrosting and reheating later.
5) To finsih off: In a large frying pan, heat the butter to sizzling point.
6) Add the beans and toss until heated through.
7) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8) Serve the beans as salad or as an appetizer.