Make Ahead Green Beans
|Green beans||2 Pound, tipped and tailed|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a pot full of boiling water, put the beans and after a boil, cook 5 to 7 minutes until the beans are no longer raw but still crisp.
2) Drain them and run under cold water to refresh and set the color.
3) Keep aside.
4) To this point, the beans may be made a day ahead and refrigerated, or frozen for defrosting and reheating later.
5) To finsih off: In a large frying pan, heat the butter to sizzling point.
6) Add the beans and toss until heated through.
7) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8) Serve the beans as salad or as an appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 753 Calories from Fat 435
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76.2%
Saturated Fat 30.8 g154.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg43%
Sodium 450.6 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 32.3 g129.1%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 0.35%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet