Honey Baked Beans
|Dried lima beans||1 Pound (2 Cups)|
|Water||350 Milliliter (As Required)|
|Sliced bacon||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Dry mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and studded with 3 whole cloves|
|Whole cloves||3 , studded with onion|
|Sliced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. To prepare beans wash them and drain.
2. In large saucepan, cover beans with water and refrigerate, covered, overnight.
3. Next day, over medium heat, cook beans in same water, uncovered, until tender and skins burst.
4. Drain the beans reserving liquid.
5. In 2 1/2-quart casserole, place half of bacon, the beans and remaining ingredients, combined with 1/2 cup bean liquid and cover with rest of bacon.
6. Bake covered 1 1/2 hours until tender.
7. During last half hour, remove cover to brown and add more bean liquid during cooking if necessary.
8. Serve the dish with garnish as desired.