Baked Sweet Lima Beans
|Dried lima beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, soak beans overnight in water.
2. Drain water and pour fresh water to cover beans.
3. Preheat oven at 350° C.
4. Transfer the beans in a saucepan. Cover with lid and bring it to a boil.
5. Continue to cook over low flame for 1 1/2 hours. Add salt after one hour of cooking. Drain the liquid.
6. In a baking dish, take beans, butter or fat and honey.
7. Bake it in an oven at 350°C for 1 hour. Stir it frequently.
8. Serve Baked Sweet Lima Beans when hot.
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg8.1%
Sodium 976.4 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 31.7 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 23.1%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet