Microwave Cooked Green Bean Casserole
|Fresh green beans||1 Pound (1 1/2-inch pieces)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water chestnuts||1 Can (10 oz), sliced, drained|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mushroom stems and pieces||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|French fried onion rings||1 Can (10 oz), divided|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Into a 2-quart casserole, add in the beans with water.
2) Cover the casserole and microwave for about 11 minutes on HIGH. Stir once halfway in between the cooking time.
3) When the beans have turned tender, let them rest in the casserole for a few minutes.
4) Drain the beans and set aside.
5) Mix in the cream of mushroom soup, water chestnuts, milk, mushroom, 1/2 can of onion rings, soy sauce, salt, pepper and vinegar. Cover the mixture.
6) Microwave once more for about 5 minutes or till the mixture has completely heated through. Stir once after 2 minutes of cooking.
7) Stir well before serving.
8) Serve the Green Bean Casserole garnished with the remaining half of onion rings.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.5 mg4.5%
Sodium 1551 mg64.6%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet