Veal and Lima Beans
|Fresh lima beans||2 Pound, shelled|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a saucepan and place lima beans in it. Cover with boiling water.
3) Add lemon juice and cook, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
4) In the meanwhile, take a non-stick pan and brown onions in it until golden brown in color.
5) Remove from pan and set aside.
6) Add veal to the same pan and cook until it turns brown in color.
7) Take a casserole and place all ingredients in it. Mix nicely together.
8) Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour.
9) Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45 mg15%
Sodium 83.6 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.2%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 28 g55.2%
Vitamin A 20.9% Vitamin C 122.8%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 47.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet