Microwave Cooked Baked Beans
|Northern beans||1⁄3 Pound|
|Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||3 (1/2-Inch Pieces)|
|Molasses||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Into a 2-quart casserole, add in the Northern beans, salt and water. Cover the dish and microwave on HIGH for about 8 minutes.
2) When the water starts to boil, reduce the oven temperature to MEDIUM. Now, continue to cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Stir at least 4 times in between the cooking time.
3) By the end of the cooking time, the beans should have become tender.
4) Drain the liquid, reserving 1/4 cup for later use.
5) Add in the bacon, molasses, pepper and dry mustard.
6) Cover the dish and microwave for 10 minutes on HIGH or till the bacon has cooked through. Stir about 4 times in between.
7) To keep the mixture moist, add in water as required.
8) Serve the Baked Beans hot, garnished with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg0.4%
Sodium 526.3 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.6%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet