Curried Lima Beans
|Fresh lima beans/2 package, 10 ounce each frozen large lima beans||5 Pound, shelled|
|Boiling salted water||1 Liter|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄8 Pound (1/4 Cup)|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salted round butter cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In a pan boil salted water and cook beans until tender.
3. Drain out beans and transfer into a greased 1 1/2 quarts casserole.
4. In a saucepan add 1/4 cup butter. Melt the butter and saute onions until soft.
5. Stir in flour and curry powder.
6. Add milk and cook stirring until thick.
7. Pour the sauce over beans and mix well.
8. In a bowl add 4 tablespoons melted butter and cracker crumbs. Toss well.
9. Sprinkle the mixture over beans.
10. Bake for 15 minutes.
11. Serve hot.