Green Beans, Mediterranean Style
|Green beans||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , chopped|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Snap the ends and strings from beans.
2. Cut beans in 2-inch lengths.
3. In a wide frying pan heat oil and saute onion, stirring over high heat until limp.
4. Add green pepper and celery.
5. Cook covered over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Stir in between.
6. Mix beans to the vegetables.
7. Add water and cook, covered, over moderate heat for 20 minutes. Stir in between.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Serve hot or warm.
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 12.7 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet