Olive Baked Navy Beans
|Dried navy beans||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Small White Ones)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, strained (1 Can Of 1 Pound And 12 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely minced|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pimiento stuffed olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into small pieces|
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. Soak beans in water by 1 inch.
3. In a saucepan cook beans along with water. Cover and simmer beans for 1 hour until just tender and skins split.
4. In a frying pan add tomatoes, onion, celery, and olive oil.
5. Cook over medium heat.
6. In a casserole mix beans and olives.
7. Pour vegetable sauce over beans.
8. Bake covered for 3 hours.
9. Serve hot.
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 966.8 mg40.3%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.7%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 31.8% Vitamin C 36.6%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet