Olive Baked Navy Beans
|Dried navy beans||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Small White Ones)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, strained (1 Can Of 1 Pound And 12 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely minced|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pimiento stuffed olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into small pieces|
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. Soak beans in water by 1 inch.
3. In a saucepan cook beans along with water. Cover and simmer beans for 1 hour until just tender and skins split.
4. In a frying pan add tomatoes, onion, celery, and olive oil.
5. Cook over medium heat.
6. In a casserole mix beans and olives.
7. Pour vegetable sauce over beans.
8. Bake covered for 3 hours.
9. Serve hot.