In Between Beans
|Dried white beans||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Dark molasses||4 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid hot pepper seasoning||6 Drop (Or To Taste)|
|Catsup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Large Can)|
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. In a saucepan soak beans with the water overnight.
3. Alternately boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and soak for 1 hour.
4. In a 5-quart baking dish cook beans with the water.
5. Add pork, onion, molasses, dry mustard, prepared mustard, Worcestershire, beer, salt, sugar, and liquid hot pepper seasoning.
6. Cover and bake for 3 to 4 hours until beans are tender.
7. Take off from oven and mix catsup and tomato sauce.
8. Bake uncovered for 2 hours.
9. Serve hot.
Calories 661 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.3 mg5.4%
Sodium 1770.7 mg73.8%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.5%
Sugars 32.9 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 72.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet