In Between Beans
|Dried white beans||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Dark molasses||4 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid hot pepper seasoning||6 Drop (Or To Taste)|
|Catsup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Large Can)|
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. In a saucepan soak beans with the water overnight.
3. Alternately boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and soak for 1 hour.
4. In a 5-quart baking dish cook beans with the water.
5. Add pork, onion, molasses, dry mustard, prepared mustard, Worcestershire, beer, salt, sugar, and liquid hot pepper seasoning.
6. Cover and bake for 3 to 4 hours until beans are tender.
7. Take off from oven and mix catsup and tomato sauce.
8. Bake uncovered for 2 hours.
9. Serve hot.