South Of The Border Casserole
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Corn chips||6 Ounce (1 Package / 4 Cups)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Canned chili without beans||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned mexicorn||12 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. In 12x8-inch glass casserole, add butter and onion.
2. Microwave (high) 3 minutes, stirring once.
3. Reserve 1 cup corn chips and 1 cup cheese.
4. In a bowl blend remaining chips, cheese, chili, beans and corn with onions.
5. Microwave (high), covered, 8-9 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn halfway through cooking.
6. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
7. Microwave (high), uncovered, 3 minutes.
8. Ring the remaining corn chips around edge.
9. Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve with desired garnish.