South of the Border Casserole
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Corn chips||6 Ounce (1 Package / 4 Cups)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Canned chili without beans||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned mexicorn||12 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. In 12x8-inch glass casserole, add butter and onion.
2. Microwave (high) 3 minutes, stirring once.
3. Reserve 1 cup corn chips and 1 cup cheese.
4. In a bowl blend remaining chips, cheese, chili, beans and corn with onions.
5. Microwave (high), covered, 8-9 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn halfway through cooking.
6. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
7. Microwave (high), uncovered, 3 minutes.
8. Ring the remaining corn chips around edge.
9. Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve with desired garnish.
Calories 845 Calories from Fat 425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.4%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g101.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.2 mg35.1%
Sodium 1914.4 mg79.8%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.9%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 34 g68.6%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 62.6% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet