Chicken Pieces in Black Bean Sauce
|Chicken wings/Chicken pieces||1 Pound (Unskinned, 450 Grams)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (Preferably Ground Nut Oil)|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Spring onions||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Black beans||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chicken stock||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
1. If using chicken pieces cut them into 2 inch, 5 cm chunks and if using wings, cut them in half at the joint.
2. In a bowl mix the soy sauce and sherry or rice wine together and pour it over the chicken pieces.
3. Marinate it for about 1 hour, then drain and discard the marinade.
4. In a wok or large frying pan heat oil, add ginger and stir fry for a few seconds.
5. Now add garlic, spring onions and black beans and cook for a few seconds.
6. Add the chicken and stir fry for 2-5 minutes at a high heat until brown and then add the stock.
7. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat.
8. Cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked (If using chicken breasts cook for just 5 minutes).
9. Serve hot or even cold as a main dish with rice or as an appetizer.