Mexicali Corn And Bean Bake
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Canned green beans||16 Ounce (Something Special Mexican Style)|
|Canned whole kernel corn with red and green peppers||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can, Green Giant Mexican)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pillsbury||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Refrigerated cornbread twists||4|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (If Desired)|
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it. Add onions and cook until tender-crisp.
3) Add corn, beans, tomato sauce, chili powder and stewed tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until mixture turns thick.
5) In the meanwhile, unroll dough and separate the twists. Cut twists into thirds.
6) Take a 12x8-inch or 13x9 inch baking dish and pour bean mixture in it.
7) Place twist pieces over the hot bean mixture and sprinkle with paprika. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until mixture turns bubbly and twists become deep golden brown.
8) Remove from oven and serve immediately.