Green Beans with Cumin
|Onions||4 Ounce, peeled and sliced (125 gram)|
|Green beans||1 1⁄2 Pound, topped and tailed (700 gram, medium size)|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, peeled and chopped (450 gram)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, heat oil.
2. Add onions and sautÃ© on a medium flame for 1 or 2 minutes.
3. Add cumin seeds and beans and sautÃ© for 2 to 3 more minutes.
4. Add rest of the ingredients and mix well. Bring to boil.
5. Once boiled, reduce flame and cover and cook for 15 minutes or till beans are cooked.
6. Transfer on to a bowl and serve warm as an accompaniment to main courses.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 815 Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.3%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 490.8 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.1%
Dietary Fiber 33 g132.1%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 20 g40.3%
Vitamin A 81.2% Vitamin C 116.6%
Calcium 17% Iron 48%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet