Shelby Snider's Molasses Baked Beans
|Canned pork and beans||61 Ounce (4 cans, 15 1/4-ounce each)|
|Canned barbecue beans||30 1⁄2 Ounce (2 cans, 15 1/4-ounce each)|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound, cooked and drained well|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Bacon slices||8 , cut in 1-inch pieces|
1. Preheat oven to 275-300°F.
2. Into a large casserole dish mix all ingredients except bacon and pour.
3. Place bacon pieces on top, cover with foil and bake 2 1/2-3 hours such that the bean mixture is bubbling.
4. Remove foil, adjust oven to 325°f and bake 30-60 minutes longer until bacon and top of beans are a deep golden brown.
5. Serve the baked beans hot with a garnish of whipped cream, grated cheese or as desired.
Calories 784 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 mg25%
Sodium 2278.7 mg94.9%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g48.9%
Dietary Fiber 18 g71.9%
Sugars 77.6 g
Protein 36 g72.9%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 38.5%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet