Beefeaters' Kidney Beans
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Quart (Frozen / Bottled / Homemade, 2 Cups)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned kidney beans||2 Pound (2 Cans Of 1 Pound Each)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Processed cheese cubes||1⁄4 Pound (3/4 Cup, In 1/2 Inch Cubes)|
|Homemade tomato sauce||4 Quart|
|Canned italian style peeled tomatoes||112 Ounce (4 Cans Of 1 Pound And 12 Ounces)|
|Canned tomato paste||48 Ounce (8 Cans Of 6 Ounce Each)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Home Cooked Tomato Sauce : In a 8 quart kettle, combine all the ingredients together and bring to a boil.
2) Simmer uncovered over a very low heat for about 6 1/2 hours, or until the tomato pulp is thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally.
3) Stir in some more water, if needed for thick white saucy consistency.
4) Remove and discard the bay leaves.
5) Divide the mixture into four 1 qt portions and allow to cool.
6) Freeze the mixture in glass loaf pans, until frozen.
7) Then remove the sauce from pans, wrap each block separately in a heavy-duty foil or place in pliofilm bags and store in freezer.
8) Slice the blocks with frozen food saw or heavy knife when needed and use the Home Cooked Tomato Sauce as required.
9) In a large saucepan, sear the ground beef until browned.
10) Stir in the tomato sauce, water, liquid from beans, onion and chili powder.
11) Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
12) Stir in the beans, cover and simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes.
13) Top the Beefeaters' Kidney Beans with the cheese cubes and serve immediately.
Calories 1157 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.3%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45 mg15%
Sodium 3558.5 mg148.3%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g59%
Dietary Fiber 38.7 g154.6%
Sugars 74.4 g
Protein 49 g97.3%
Vitamin A 238.3% Vitamin C 335.9%
Calcium 66.9% Iron 120.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet