Black Bean Chili
|Canned black beans||32 Ounce (2 Cans Of 16 Ounce Each)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Frozen chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (1 Medium Sized)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Bottled salsa jalapeno/Salsa picante - 1/4 cup||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Tortilla chips||2 Ounce, crushed (1 Cup)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (For Garnish)|
|Iceberg lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (About 1/2 Head, For Garnish)|
|Salsa||3 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven at 300 degrees for 3 minutes.
2) Take a saucepan and add the black beans along with the liquid. Add tomato sauce, green pepper, garlic, onion, chili powder, salsa and cumin.
3) Bring the mixture to boil and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
4) Take the baking sheet and put the tortilla chips. Warm the chips in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
5) Put the tortilla chips into 4 different bowls. Add the chili over the chips.
6) Garnish the dish with sour cream, cheddar cheese, lettuce and salsa.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1737 Calories from Fat 571
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.7%
Saturated Fat 31.2 g156.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 135.9 mg45.3%
Sodium 4446.7 mg185.3%
Total Carbohydrates 215 g71.5%
Dietary Fiber 54.5 g218.1%
Sugars 38.8 g
Protein 79 g158.9%
Vitamin A 166.8% Vitamin C 287.1%
Calcium 205.4% Iron 88.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet