Lobster With Black Beans
|Lobsters||1 Large (Or 2 Medium Ones)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|For the sauce|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Root ginger||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Spring onions||3 , cut into short sections|
|Black bean sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock/Water||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
1. To prepare the lobster cut in half lengthways (starting from the head).
2. Discard the legs, intestines and the feathery lungs.
3. Remove the claws and crack them with the back of the cleaver.
4. In hot oil deep-fry the lobster pieces for about 2-3 minutes until the color turns bright orange.
5. Remove and drain.
6. Pour off the excess oil, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the wok.
7. Stir-fry adding the garlic, ginger, spring onions and black bean sauce, for a few seconds.
8. Add the wine and stock and bring to the boil
9. Add the lobster pieces, blend well and braise for about 2-3 minutes under cover.
10. Serve garnished with the coriander leaves.
Both this lobster and the following crab dish should be served with finger bowls and plenty of paper tissues, as they are best eaten with fingers!
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 323.3 mg107.8%
Sodium 1203.4 mg50.1%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.37 g1.5%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 65 g130.9%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet