Cowboy Baked Beans
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Inch, crushed|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, seeded and chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , cored, seeded and chopped|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Clear honey||4 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned baked beans||2 Pound (2 Cans, 450 Gram / 1 Pound Each)|
|Streaky bacon||4 Ounce, derinded and chopped (125 Gram)|
1) In a pan, add butter and heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes without browning.
2) If using, add the garlic at this stage along with, ginger, peppers and carrots. Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
3) Stir in the vinegar and honey, reduce the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring.
4) Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and baked beans.
5) Gently cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6) Crisp and brown the bacon in its own fat. Place on a paper towel and drain.
7) Add the baked beans into a warmed serving dish.
8) Top with bacon and serve.