Stir Fried Squid With Chilli And Black Bean Sauce
Onion - 1 small
Green pepper - 1 small, cored and seeded
Seasoned oil - 3-4 tablespoons
Fresh ginger root - 3-4 small bits
Spring onion - 1, cut into short sections
Fresh green chillies - 1-2, cut into small bits
Black bean sauce - 2 tablespoons
Chinese rice wine - 1 tablespoon
Sesame oil - a few drops
1. To prepare the squid blanch it for Deep-fried Squid.
2. Cut the onion and green pepper into small triangular pieces.
3. In a preheated wok heat the oil until smoking, then stir-fry the ginger, spring onion and chillies, followed by the onion and green pepper for about 1 minute.
4. Then add the black bean sauce, stir for another minute before adding the squid with the wine, and blend well.
5. Finally add the sesame oil and serve hot.