Cooked ham - 450 g/1 lb, in one piece, cubed
Butter - 50 g/2 oz
Garlic cloves - 2, crushed
Sweet corn - 225 g/8 oz
Red kidney beans - 2 cans (425-g/15-oz)
Tomatoes - 1 can (397-g/14-oz)
Concentrated tomato puree - 3 tablespoons
Bay leaf - 1
Dried mixed herbs - 1 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
1) In a wok, saute the garlic and onion in melted butter until softened.
2) Stir in the ham, sweet corn and red kidney beans along with the juice from only one can.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree, bay leaf and herbs until the puree is dissolved.
4) Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Then simmer the bean-pot over a low heat for 3 minutes.
6) Serve the Wok Beans in individual bowls or straight from the wok along with a salad of mixed greens and some crusty bread.