Bean And Rice Stuffed Peppers
|Red kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Green peppers||6 Medium|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked parboiled rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), without salt and fat|
|Chopped green chilies||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|No salt added stewed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), undrained (1 Can)|
|Extra sharp cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a colander, add in the kidney beans. Wash the beans under cold water for about a minute. Let the beans drain.
3) Slice off the top ends of the peppers and scoop out their seeds.
4) Add in the peppers into a pot of boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes. Drain the peppers and put aside.
5) In a medium bowl, add in the cooked rice, beans, chiles, tomatoes and 1 cup of cheese. Mix well.
6) Stuff the peppers with the bean mixture. Transfer them to a 12X8X2-inch baking dish.
7) Into the baking dish pour 1/2-inch water. Bake the peppers for 25 minutes.
8) Add in the 1/2 cup of cheese over the baked peppers. Bake for 5 minutes longer or until the cheese has melted.
9) Serve the Bean and Rice Stuffed Peppers hot of the oven. Serve your favorite sauce on the side.