Black Beans with Two Potatoes
|Black beans/Cooked beans - 1 cup||15 Can (150 oz) (1 Can)|
|Purple potatoes||2 Large, sliced|
|Red skinned sweet potatoes||2 Small, sliced|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mashed|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced fresh chives||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse and drain beans.
3. Grease a 1-½ quart dish with butter.
4. Arrange potato slice the baking dish, beginning with purple ones around the outside, then using orange ones for the next row, and ending with beans in the center.
5. Dot with 1 tablespoon butter and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons chives; cover dish and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
6. To make sauce: In a saucepan, heat the remaining until foamy.
7. Add walnuts and chives; cook for about 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
8. Swirl in sour cream, and heat until bubbling.
9. Carefully spoon out the beans from the baking dish and arrange on a serving platter.
10. Top with sauce and serve immediately.