Sautéed Green Beans With Bacon And Almonds
|Green bean||1 1⁄2 Pound, washed and halved|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch pieces|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a stock pot bring enough salted water to cover the green beans to a boil.
2. Par boil the green beans for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse the green beans under cold water to stop the cooking.
3. In a frying pan heat the oil over medium heat. Fry the bacon until brown.
4. Remove the bacon to a plate covered with paper towels to drain.
5. Add the green beans to the frying pan and sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
6. Remove the frying pan from the heat and add the chopped bacon, slivered almonds, and salt and pepper to taste.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg5%
Sodium 535.6 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.3%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.8% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet