Sautéed Green Beans With Bacon And Almonds
|Green bean||1 1⁄2 Pound, washed and halved|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch pieces|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a stock pot bring enough salted water to cover the green beans to a boil.
2. Par boil the green beans for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse the green beans under cold water to stop the cooking.
3. In a frying pan heat the oil over medium heat. Fry the bacon until brown.
4. Remove the bacon to a plate covered with paper towels to drain.
5. Add the green beans to the frying pan and sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
6. Remove the frying pan from the heat and add the chopped bacon, slivered almonds, and salt and pepper to taste.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com