Carob Drop Cookies
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light sesame oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carob/Cocoa powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Barley flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate/Carob chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), malt sweetened|
|Chopped walnuts/Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a cookie or baking sheet and set aside.
2. Place the water, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl, and mix well.
3. In another bowl, sift together the carob powder, flour, and baking powder.
4. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir until just blended. Do not overstir. Fold the chocolate chips and walnuts into the batter.
5. Drop rounded teaspoons of batter onto the baking sheet, leaving about an inch or so of space between them to allow for the cookies to expand.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cookies are firm and lightly browned. Cool for a minute before removing from the baking sheet with a spatula. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
The following recipes are excerpted from Vicki’s Vegan Kitchen.
Copyright © 2011 by Vicki Chelf. Square One Publishers.
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 27.7 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet