Thanksgiving Green Bean Casserole
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Button mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, stems removed and sliced|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 , minced|
|Garlic||2 , minced|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Green bean stems||2 Pound, trimmed|
|French fried onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|French onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
3. Add the mushrooms and salt. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes or until the mushrooms have caramelized and shrunk in size. Remove and set aside.
4. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and melt the unsalted butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
5. Spoon in the all-purpose flour and mix thoroughly.
6. Add the green beans, fried onions, thyme sprigs, bay leaf, and heavy cream. Combine well cover and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs and bay leaf.
7. Stir in the cooked mushrooms and add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Spoon into a casserole dish and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes uncovered.
9. Remove, stir, and top with the remaining fried onions. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the fried onions become golden. Remove and serve immediately.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com