Baked Beans With Deviled Ham And Onions
|Prunes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Prunes||6 , halved|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Pork and beans in tomato sauce||2 Pound|
|Devilled ham||2 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion slices||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. In a large skillet, pour in the butter and margarine and sauté the cut-up prunes and onions over low heat till the onions become transparent. This will take about 5 minutes.
3. In to another bowl, open the can and pour the pork and beans into it.
4. Add the sautéed prunes and onions, devilled ham, mustard, tomato sauce and brown sugar to the bowl and stir well. Pour into 1 1/2 quart buttered casserole.
5. Place onion rings on top of beans and arrange prune halves, cut side down, on top.
6. Bake in hot oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
7. Serve hot with toasted bread