White Bean Spread
|Great northern beans/Cannellini beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked overnight in 6 cups of water to cover and 1 teaspoon baking soda|
|Dried basil/Pesto||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon, freshly squeezed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), coarsely chopped|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole grain baguette||1|
1) Preheat broiler.
2) In a saucepan boil beans along with the water it was soaked in and cook for 45 minutes.
3) Once cooked the beans can be easily pierced with a fork.
4) Drain the beans.
5) In a food processor or blender transfer the cooked beans.
6) Mix basil or pesto, lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt, Parmesan cheese, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
7) Process the mixture until smooth.
8) Cut baguette into 1-inch slices.
9) Brush olive oil over them.
10) Broil on lower rack until light browned.
11) Keep the toasted baguette slices on a platter.
12) Pass the spread in a nice bowl in the center of the platter and serve.