One Bean Toss
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced pitted|
|Pimiento stuffed green olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Canned peas||16 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Canned lima beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained|
|Caper liquid||2 Teaspoon|
1. Setting aside a few olive slices for garnish, in a bowl combine remaining olive slices, peas and limas.
2. In another bowl combine next 5 ingredients, 1/2 tea spoon salt and dash pepper, pour over bean mixture and toss lightly.
3. With cover chill for several hours, stirring occasionally.
4. In center of lettuce-lined platter, mound bean salad mixture and top with reserved olives and additional mayonnaise, if desired.
5. Arrange Herbed Carrots and parsley around and serve.