Stewed Navy Beans with Savory
|Dried navy beans||1 Pound, washed (2 Cup)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , peeled|
|Chopped savory||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Use Fresh Or Dried)|
1) In a large pot, place the beans along with water and bring to boil.
2) Let it boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
3) Remove the pot from heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour.
4) Add salt, onions and savory and simmer for another 1 hour or until beans are tender.
5) Serve hot with freshly sliced bread toast.
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.76%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 327.8 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 19 g76.1%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet