Carrot Celery And Butter Bean Lasagne
|Wholemeal instant lasagna sheets||6|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For the puree|
|Cooked carrots||1 Pound|
|Celery head||1⁄2 , cooked|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For the sauce|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Wholemeal flour||1 Ounce|
|Cooked butter beans||15 Ounce|
|Raw carrot||1 , scraped and grated (For The Garnish)|
1) In a 2 1/2-pint casserole dish, pour hot water up to three-quarters.
2) On high power, cook until the water starts boiling.
3) To this, stir in 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
4) Into this water, immerse two sheets of the lasagna.
5) On high power, cook for 1 minute or until the water boils again.
6) Now, add two more sheets of lasagna and bring to a boil.
7) Gradually add the remaining sheets and on high power, cook for 5 minutes. Let stand, covered for a while.
8) In a medium sized bowl, combine the milk, peppercorns and bay leaf.
9) On high power, cook for 3 minutes or until the milk starts steaming.
10) Let stand for 20 minutes.
11) Meanwhile, drain the cooked lasagna thoroughly.
12) On a clean greased surface, separate the sheets. Cover with plastic film.
13) Now, to prepare the sauce, puree the carrots and the celery together and keep aside.
14) In a blender, puree the butter beans.
15) In a medium sized bowl, blend the oil and the flour together.
16) To this, strain the milk.
17) On high power, cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until a ring forms around the edges.
18) Whisk the milk well and cook again for 3 minutes. Whisk once or twice during cooking.
19) To this, add the pureed beans.
20) Adjust the seasonings to taste.
21) In the bottom of a 2 1/2-pint shallow oval dish, spread a layer of the butter bean sauce.
22) On top, add a layer of the carrot and celery mixture.
23) On top, place two sheets of lasagna, side by side. Continue the same pattern of layering, ending with the butter bean sauce.
24) On high power, cook partly covered, for 6 minutes, or until the lasagna is heated through.
25) Serve the lasagna hot, garnished with grated raw carrot.