Black Bean Terrine
|Mixed vegetable juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Spicy Variety)|
|Canned black beans||16 Ounce, drained, rinsed, divided|
|Chevre||1⁄4 Pound (Or French Goat Cheese)|
|Finely chopped red bell pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green bell pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili pepper||1 Tablespoon, seeded and minced (Use Either Mild Or Hot)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes, 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Finely chopped red onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped celery||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, seeded and minced|
|Italian flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sour cream||6 Tablespoon (Use 1/3 Cup, Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
1) In a small saucepan, add the vegetable juice.
2) On this, sprinkle the gelatin and let stand for 1 minute so that the gelatin become soft.
3) Over medium-low heat, cook this mixture for 2 minutes, until the gelatin is dissolved. Stir constantly while cooking.
4) To a small mixing bowl, transfer the dissolved gelatin. Keep aside.
5) In a medium sized mixing bowl, add ice water.
6) Now, in this ice water, place the small mixing bowl which contains the gelatin. Let stand for a while.
7) Now, in the blender, blend half of the beans.
8) To a large mixing bowl, transfer the pureed beans.
9) To this bowl, add the remaining beans along with the cooked gelatin mixture. Mix well.
10) In another small mixing bowl, combine the cheese, bell peppers, onion, celery, chili pepper, cilantro and garlic. Keep aside.
11) In a 7x3x2 1/4-inch loaf pan, lined on the bottom and sides with plastic wrap, spread half of the bean mixture.
12) Over the bean mix, gently spread the cheese mixture.
13) Now, on top add the remaining bean mixture.
14) Now, on counter top, tap the pan so that the mixture settles well.
15) With a plastic wrap, cover the pan.
16) Now, over the plastic wrap, keep another 7 3/8x3 5/8x2 1/4-inch loaf pan.
17) Now, set two cans in the second pan to weight it down.
18) Refrigerate the pans for an hour or overnight.
19) Before serving, onto a serving platter, unmold the bean loaf.
20) Into 6 equal slices, cut the loaf.
21) Serve immediately, topped with 1 tablespoon of sour cream on each slice.
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.6 mg9.2%
Sodium 382.1 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 33% Vitamin C 54.1%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet