White Beans And Escarole Saute
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chopped escarole||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained, seeded and diced, reserving liquid|
|Canned white kidney beans||4 Ounce, rinsed and drained (cannellini)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
2) In the hot oil, saute garlic over medium-high heat, for 1 minute. Do not brown the garlic.
3) To this, add the escarole.
4) Saute 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until wilted.
5) Now, add the remaining ingredients except cheese and mix well.
6) Now, over low heat, cook covered for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring in between. By now, the mixture will be heated well and the flavors, blended.
7) Serve the White Beans and Escarole Saute hot, garnished with grated cheese. Serve crusty bread on the side.