Baby Lima Beans Cherry Tomatoes And Pears
|Cherry tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Frozen baby lima beans||10 Ounce, thawed (1 package)|
|Firm ripe pears||1 , peeled, quartered and cored (preferably Anjou or Bosc variety)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) In a small pot of boiling water, dip the cherry tomatoes to blanch for 1 minute.
2) Remove the tomatoes and immediately plunge the tomatoes into a bowl of cold water until the skins split.
3) Peel off the skin and discard. In a small bowl, place the tomatoes.
4) In a vegetable steamer, steam the lima beans for 12 to 15 minutes, until tender.
5) In another small bowl, squeeze the lemon juice.
6) With a grater with large holes, shred the pear into the lemon juice. Toss the pear shreds in lemon juice to coat.
7) In a medium nonreactive saucepan, add butter and melt over moderate heat.
8) Add the pear and any juices into the hot butter.
9) Increase heat to moderately high and cook for a minute by stirring constantly, until the pear is tender and the liquid is slightly reduced.
10) Drain the tomatoes and discard the accumulated juice in the bowl.
11) Add tomatoes to the pears to toss over moderate heat for 1 minute.
12) Place lima beans, salt and pepper in the tomatoes.
13) Cook by continuous tossing for 1 minute to heat up.
14) Transfer in a serving platter and serve at once, by garnishing with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 444.2 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.4%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 55.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet