Creamed Broad Beans And Marrow
|Broad beans||2 Pound (1 Kilogram, Fresh, Young)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh tarragon/1 tablespoon dried tarragon||2 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||6 Tablespoon|
1. Shell the broad beans.
2. Peel the marrow, cut into 2-cm/1-inch slices, halve these and remove the seeds with a spoon.
3. Cut the marrow into 1-cm/1/2-inch wide lengths.
4. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the broad beans and cook fairly briskly for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, place the butter, tarragon, water and seasoning in another saucepan with the marrow, cover and cook briskly for 10 minutes, until the marrow is just tender.
6. Drain the beans and keep on one side.
7. Strain the marrow into a colander, reserving the liquor.
8. Return liquor to the pan and reduce quickly to 2 tablespoons.
9. Stir in the cream and heat until cream bubbles and reduces a little.
10. Add the broad beans and marrow to the sauce, heat through and serve at once.