Green Bean Salad
|Young french beans||1 Pound (Tender, Preferably French Filet-Type)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely minced|
|Turkish bay leaf/1/2 california bay leaf||2|
|Lemon||1 (Preferably Organic)|
1. Allow 2 quarts water to come to boil. Add beans to boiling water after trimming off the ends and allow to boil for about 5 minutes or until they turn crunchy tender and bright green.
2. Drain thoroughly and add cold water to restrict cooking. Cover and keep aside.
3. Drain thoroughly and using a kitchen towel, dry the beans.
4. Take a large bowl, add beans, olive oil, bay leaf, garlic, and salt, and toss thoroughly.
5. Using a vegetable peeler, take 4 yellow zest strips from lemon.
6. Add to the beans and toss well. Cover and allow to stand at room temperature for few hours for the flavors to blend well.
7. Discard bay leaf, toss the salad well, and serve immediately in salad plates.