Olive Oil Pickled Beans
|White wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Green beans||3⁄4 Pound|
|Yellow onions||1 Small, sliced lengthwise|
1) Sterilize two 1 pint preserving jars and their lids.
2) In a medium saucepan, put olive oil, brown sugar, celery seeds, mustard seeds, red pepper and 1 cup of water, bring to boil.
3) Remove from heat, cover and let it stand for 10 minutes.
4) Put the beans upright in the hot jars and pack the onions.
5) Boil back the brine and pour over the vegetables.
6) The brine should cover the vegetables.
7) Run the knife or a spoon in each jar to release the air bubbles.
8) Let it cool. Wipe the rims and seal it.
9) To store, refrigerate it or use as desired.