Green Beans In Coconut Milk
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 , peeled and chopped|
|French style green beans/1 package frozen french style green beans, thawed||1 Pound, cut|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Pound or chop together to a paste the onions, garlic, lemon rind, chilli peppers and tomatoes.
2) In a saucepan, heat oil and sautÃ© the mixture for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3) Add the beans, salt, sugar, bay leaf, and coconut milk.
4) Bring to a boil, cover loosely and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Remove from heat and cool.
6) Serve as a side dish with steamed rice.