Sweet Bean Crisps
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly grated orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet marsala||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pernod||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Canned chickpeas||19 Ounce, drained, rinsed and patted dry (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce, softened (1 Stick)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 (At Room Temperature)|
|Confectionery sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the raisins, orange zest, Marsala and Pernod. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
3. In a food processor or blender, combine the chickpeas, milk and vanilla. Puree until smooth, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg. Blend in the cooled raisin mixture and the chickpea puree. Add the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Spoon heaping teaspoonfuls of batter about 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely. Dust lightly with confectioners' sugar.