Triple Bean Bake
|Bacon fat||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Catsup/Barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rhubarb||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Canned pork and beans||2 Pound (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can, Liquid Saved)|
|Canned garbanzo beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can, Liquid Saved)|
1) Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon, crumble and keep aside.
3) In the same skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in the bacon fat until softened.
4) In a bowl, mix the molasses, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and catsup together.
5) In a greased 3-quart casserole, mix the rhubarb and 3 kinds of beans together, mix well.
6) Stir in the onion mixture, bacon and seasoning mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated for about 30 minutes until thoroughly heated, add the bean liquid if needed.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.