|String beans||1 Pound|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar/Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Bacon dripping||1 Tablespoon|
|Bacon drippings||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
1) Slice beans into 2 inch lengths.
2) Chop onion into fine pieces.
3) Mix onion with beans and place in a deep kettle.
4) Cover the beans with just enough water to cook.
5) Season with salt when the beans are tender.
6) Take a small frying pan and add bacon dripping and flour in it.
7) Brown the mixture slowly and then mix in parsley with a little water from beans.
8) Stir the mixture until smooth.
9) Combine this with beans and allow to come to a boil.
10) Stir in vinegar or lemon juice.
11) Add in 1 Tblsp sour cream for added zest.
12) Serve at once.
Calories 80 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg1.7%
Sodium 86.7 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 1% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet