Green Beans Hollandaise
|Green beans||2 Pound|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), melted|
|Boiling water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
1) Wash the beans and trim from ends.
2) Cut into 2-inch pieces, diagonally.
3) In a large skillet, place the beans with 2 cups boiling water and 2 teaspoons salt.
4) Cover the skillet and gently boil them for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
5) Meanwhile, make Hollandaise Sauce: In top of double boiler, using wire whisk or fork, slightly beat egg yolks.
6) Slowly add butter.
7) Gradually add boiling water, beating constantly.
8) Cook over hot, not boiling, water (water in double-boiler base should not touch pan above), stirring constantly, just until thickened.
Remove from hot water.
9) Slowly beat in lemon juice, salt, and cayenne.
10) Drain beans well.
11) In a serving dish, transfer the cooked beans.
12) Toss warm with Hollandaise, and serve immediately.