Green Beans Amandine
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Sliced almonds||1 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Minced parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 Dash|
|Green beans||3 Cup (48 tbs), trimmed, halved, cooked until tender|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) On a baking sheet place the pepper 3 to 4 inches from the heat source and broil, turning frequently until evenly charred. 3) Place the pepper in a brown paper bag and allow to stand until slightly cool.
4) In a small bowl fitted with a strainer, peel the pepper over the strainer, discard stem end and seeds, allowing the juice from pepper to drip through strainer into the bowl.
5) Slice the pepper into thin strips and keep the pepper and juice aside.
6) In a 10- or 12 inch non-stick skillet, saute the almonds, garlic, parsley, salt and ground pepper in the margarine over a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until the almonds are golden.
7) Stir in the pepper strips, juice from pepper and green beans stir occasionally and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the vegetables are thoroughly heated.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 138 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 251.9 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 27.3% Vitamin C 71.4%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet