Country Baked Beans
|Navy beans||2 Pound|
|Navy pea beans||2 Pound|
|Molasses||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Lean salt pork||1⁄2 Pound|
1. Preheat the oven at 300Â°.
2. In a 4-quart bean pot, add the beans and soak in water overnight. Drain and put them again in the pot.
3. Push down cloves in the onions and add them in the beans.
4. Add in molasses, sugar, salt and mustard.
5. Slice salted pork into 8 pieces to use for each pint container.
6. Place the pork slices on the top and add boiling water until it shows above beans. Cover the pan.
7. Place in the oven and add more water when required. Moist them for 7 to 8 hours or until beans are very softer.
8. Serve hot in a serving dish.