Southern Green Beans
|Green beans||1 1⁄4 Pound, trimmed and cut into small 1-inch pieces|
|Bacon slices||2 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a medium-size skillet, cook green beans in 1-inch simmering water.
2) Cover the pan and simmer for 6 minutes.
3) Drain the beans and set aside.
4) Return the skillet to heat and add bacon slices to brwon them.
5) When fat begins to come out from bacon, add onions and cook until becaon is tender.
6) Add cooked beans to the skillet and coat with onion and bacon drippings.
7) When onion become transclucent, bacon becomes crispy from edges and bens are heat through; add vinegar and sugar to the skillet.
8) Allow the vinegar to absorb and sugar to mixed thoroughly with pan drippings.
9) Cook for 1-2 minutes and dish is ready to serve.
10) Serve warm beans and bacon as a main dish.
Calories 78 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.56 g0.86%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.78%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.86 mg0.29%
Sodium 26.6 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 0.55%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet