Sweet Potato Bean Pie
|Yellow onion||1 , chopped|
|Sweet potatoes||2 Pound, shredded (3 Cups, 1 Kilogram)|
|Corn oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Navy beans||250 Milliliter, cooked (1 Cup)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|9 inch pie crust||1 , unbaked (No Roll)|
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. In a large skillet, add oil and sautÃ© onion and sweet potatoes until the onions are transparent and the sweet potatoes are limp.
3. Add a few drops of water if necessary to prevent scorching.
4. In a blender, place 1/3rd of the sweet potato mixture and beans; process on low speed until smooth.
5. Return the blended bean mixture to the skillet along with the remaining sweet potatoes.
6. Stir in the egg and season with spices.
7. Into the pie crust, pour the sweet potato mixture.
8. Place the pie crust in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
9. Serve immediately.
Calories 1402 Calories from Fat 325
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 769.5 mg32.1%
Total Carbohydrates 232 g77.3%
Dietary Fiber 46.6 g186.3%
Sugars 24.2 g
Protein 42 g84%
Vitamin A 1290.2% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 34.7% Iron 62.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet