Green Beans Paprika
|Green beans||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch pieces to make about 3 cups|
|Onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sweet hungarian paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a 3-quart saucepan or soup kettle and allow 2 quarts of water and a teaspoon of salt to come to a bubbling boil in it over high heat.
2) Lower in the beans by handful.
3) Allow the water to come to a boil again and the lower the heat to medium.
4) Uncover and cook the beans for 10 to 15 minutes, until they are just tender.
5) Drain them at once in a sieve or colander.
6) In the casserole, melt butter and stir in onions when the foam subsides.
7) SautÃ© them for 4 or 5 minutes, until they are translucent.
8) Take them off from heat and mix in paprika, stirring continuously until the onions are well coated.
9) Beat flour into the sour cream using a wire whisk and then mix this with the mixture in skillet with the onions.
10) Season with salt and simmer the mixture for 4 or 5 minutes on low heat, until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
11) Mix in beans gently and then simmer the mixture again for about 5 minutes more until cooked well.
12) Serve at once.