White Bean And Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
|Dried navy beans/Cannellini beans/2 cups canned beans, drained and rinsed||1 Cup (16 tbs), picked over, rinsed, and soaked overnight|
|Butternut squash||1 Large, peeled, seeded, and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Sweet potato||1 Medium, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon And 1 Teaspoon)|
|Maple syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root||2 Inch, peeled and finely chopped|
|Spanish onion||1 , peeled and diced|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Pre-heat the oven setting the temperature to 400Â°F.
2) Take a pot and add the dried beans to it, covering them with water.
3) Heat the beans until water starts boiling thereafter reduce heat and simmer until beans become soft.
4) Drain the water from the beans and put them into a food processing jar.
5) Process the beans until it turns into a smooth paste adding water to dilute if necessary.
6) Take a bowl and add the squash along with the potatoes to it.
7) Drizzle them with a tablespoon of the olive oil and maple syrup after sprinkling with salt and pepper.
8) Take a roasting tray of large size and place in oven.
9) Roast for about 45 minutes until the vegetables turn soft with the tops caramelizing.
10) Put a teaspoon of olive oil in a Dutch oven and heat it on medium flame.
11) Saute the ginger in it until it releases the fragrance.
12) Add the onion after sprinkling salt and sautÃ© it until it turns tender.
13) Put in 2 cups of water and allow it to boil.
14) Add the roasted vegetables and reduce the heat and simmer it for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
15) Place the entire mixture into a blender or processor and make a smooth puree out of it.
16) Place the puree into the pot containing the bean paste, add water and heat it.
17) Garnish with cilantro and check the seasonings before serving.