Tiny Seafood Tostadas With Black Bean Dip
|Non stick cooking spray||1 Tablespoon|
|8 inch tortillas||4 , cut into 32 (2 1/2 inch) rounds or other shapes (Whole Wheat Or Flour)|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Cooked shrimp||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Or Canned, Tiny Variety)|
|Salsa||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||2 Ounce, reduced (1/2 Cup)|
|Light sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||2 Drop|
|Minced white onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chopped green chilies||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking sheet with cooking or baking spray.
3. Arrange tortilla circles on baking sheet.
4. Lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Turn over and spray again
7. Bake another 3 minutes until golden and crisp.
8. In the meantime, make Black Bean Dip by draining beans, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid and add both to a liquidizer or food processor jar.
9. Add spices and seasonings.
10. Blend into a smooth paste.
11. Remove into a serving bowl.
12. In a small nonstick skillet, add onion and garlic
13. On low heat, cook them covered until onion is tender and translucent
14. Uncover and sauté until it is golden.
15. Add chilies and sauté another 2 - 3 minutes
16. Add to bean mixture and mix well.
17. On each tostada spread black bean dip,
18. Spoon a little shredded spinach, shrimp and salsa on top
19. Sprinkle a little cheese and dollop with sour cream.
20. Arrange tostadas on a platter
21. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
22. Serve immediately.