Rigani White Bean And Garlic Slather
|Idaho potato||8 Ounce, peeled and cubed (1 Medium)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yellow onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Canned white kidney beans||19 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Oregano leaves/1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Thyme leaves/1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon, shredded|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Creme fraiche||4 Tablespoon|
|Thickly sliced peasant bread/Pita chips||1 , toasted|
1) In a saucepan, add water and place the potato.
2) Add salt as required.
3) Cover and bring to a boil.
4) Reduce the heat and cook until the potato is tender, for about 10 minutes. Drain well.
5) In a large skillet, heat the oil over low heat.
6) In hot oil, saute the onions and garlic.
7) Cook, stirring constantly, until the onions are translucent for about 15 minutes.
8) To this, add the potato, beans, oregano, thyme, coarse salt and pepper.
9) Cook, stirring, over very low heat for 5 minutes.
10) Let cool slightly.
11) In a food processor, place half the bean mixture and 2 tablespoons of creme fraiche.
12) Blend until slightly smooth.
13) Remove to a bowl and repeat the process with the remaining bean mixture and creme fraiche.
14) Combine all the batches and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
15) Cool completely and then refrigerate covered until ready to use.
16) Twenty minutes before serving, remove the slather from the refrigerator. Serve on toasted peasant bread or with chips.